Who we are and what we do
Accenture Technology powers our clients by building highly differentiated solutions to real business problems, creating new Digital experiences and utilising New IT, including Digital technologies, Cloud, Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality and Agile methodologies.
Accenture Technology helps solve the most complex technology challenges for our clients, creating custom-designed solutions using leading edge technologies, or by integrating our Technology Platforms with our clients’ operations. We leverage alliances with top technology providers in the industry - including SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, salesforce.com, Cisco, IBM, and HP – in addition to harnessing emerging technologies from the Accenture Labs to help our clients invent new technology solutions to achieve real business results.
A passion for the new unites our diverse workforce of more than 411,000 employees around the globe who offer a steady flow of new ideas, and you’ll be part of the conversation between leading experts from across all areas of our business. And because we all need to be at the leading edge, both in our fields of expertise and in the industries we serve, you’ll receive training on the latest technology and trends through virtual classrooms and on-demand learning that’s tailored to the career you’re building. Join us, and you’ll use ground-breaking new technologies to develop and implement innovative solutions that will benefit our clients across the globe.
Your role in the Business and Technology Internship Programme
On this programme:
· You will work with a client team to deliver business transformation, this will include designing, building and testing strategic solutions ready for implementation.
· As a key member of the team, you’ll focus and commit to understand client requirements, formulate a plan of action, and work with a range of onshore and offshore delivery teams to get it done.
· You will be in close contact with the client at every stage, this role will make the most of your ability to communicate complex technologies, while handling third party suppliers, timelines and expectations.
What you’ll learn
Your credibility will depend on your passion for, and knowledge of, technology. So, we will make sure your training covers the most advanced technology in the market. You will develop industry-leading specialist skills and be kept fully up to speed with the latest innovations and delivery practices.
Training you will receive
Once you join us as an intern, you will become part of our official intern development programme which allows you the opportunity to set your own objectives and drive your performance in soft skills, knowledge, applications and abilities. Review sessions throughout your internship will track your progress against your targets and open further opportunities to maximise your potential during your time with us.
What are we looking for?
You can join Accenture from any academic discipline; and we’re particularly keen on students from Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Science and other technology backgrounds. To be eligible to apply to our internship programme, candidates must meet the following criteria:
· Candidates must be in the penultimate year of their course
· Be on course to receive a minimum 2.2 Degree grade
· Passion and interest in technology
· An ability to obtain and analyse information and solve problems
· Strong teamwork skills
· Capable of adapting and learning in a continuously changing technology environment
· An eagerness to learn, and willingness to use that curiosity to solve technology problems
· Availability to work on different projects/different locations
· Problem-Solver: breaks complex problems into parts and proposes possible solutions
· Effective Communicator: listens to and accurately captures others’ ideas, feedback and concerns; articulates ideas in a clear and engaging manner
Where you’ll work
Because you could be placed at any one of our offices and delivering projects on client sites anywhere in Ireland, flexibility is a must.
When you’ll start working and your benefits
Interns will commence summer internships with Accenture in June 2019. Accenture intern salaries are paid at competitive market rates. When you are offered a position, you'll receive full details of your remuneration package.
How to apply
Full information on our application and selection process can be found on our website. Our selection process starts as soon as applications are submitted and will continue until the application closing date passes or we have recruited for all positions, whichever comes first. For this reason, you should apply as early as possible to ensure the best chances of success as some business units may fill positions before the applications close. The deadline for applications is February 22nd.
Accenture’s approach to recruitment is underlined by our core value of Best People and our principle of meritocracy. In short, Accenture seeks to attract, develop and retain the best talent for our business and to foster a fair, positive and inclusive environment. If you are interested in applying for a role with Accenture, please note that Accenture is bound by applicable Irish immigration rules and obligations which place some restrictions on our recruitment for entry-level roles.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Interested in this role?